Documentation of Experiences at High School Marathons:
- Assign who takes pictures at each marathon
o Who has a good, useable camera?
o Set rotations at marathons for picture taking.
- Saving the pictures all on one hard drive.
o Important for organization of pictures for use in marketing.
o Vital for easy use and access to pictures for making of videos.
o Designation of committee member to organize pictures.
Shooting of Video Commercials:
o Creative places for filming of promotional videos are important.
o Diversity in the setting of the shoots.
- Potential Plotlines
o Come up with several different plots and storylines.
o Make sure videos are informative, entertaining, and attractive to high school students.
- Survey Monkey
o Create a Survey Monkey online to better determine who can and is willing to participate in the making of the videos and what days and times people can work on them.
o Here’s the link to creating a Survey Monkey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/
- Focus and Purpose of Videos
o Focus on gaining the attention of all students in your school.
o The purpose of the videos is to promote the marathon and give reasons why people should get involved.
o Be sure to inform viewers of the incredible impact Riley Hospital has on the state of Indiana.
- This can serve as an effective, widespread, and cost-effective way of spreading the word about the marathon and other events
- Facebook and Twitter updates give people the opportunity to share any information and help attract interest
- Many high schools will make shirts to sell and promote and wear during the marathon
- Think of creative colors and designs specific to the theme or focus of your marathon
- Local businesses may be able to assist on donating or establishing discount costs